- Focus Areas
The Fiji Women’s Fund (the Fund) is an initiative of the Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) Program. Supported by the Australian Government, the Fund will commit up to AU$10.5 million from July 2017 to June 2022 to support women’s groups, organisations and networks in Fiji to expand and enhance their work on women’s empowerment and gender equality. The Fund is expected to reach women living in rural and remote locations and those who are marginalized, including women living with disabilities and those facing discrimination based on their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Focus of the EOI
EOIs are invited from women’s organisations, groups and networks in Fiji that work on one or more of the following priority areas:
What is on offer?
Successful applicants will be provided with a grant to undertake their work. The Fund will provide funding and capacity development support to women’s organisations, groups, and networks in one or more of the above focus areas. The Fund aims to spread benefits to a broad range of women’s groups and encourages EOIs from partnerships and coalitions based groups.
The Fund has three types of grants:
Who can apply?
Applications are open to Fijian women’s groups that are based in Fiji and managed by Fiji nationals and:
How to apply?
Deadline for submission is 10.00pm 27 August 2017. EOIs received after this date will not be considered.
Want to find out more?
Information sessions will be conducted in the following areas:
- 10 – 11 August, Central division at the Pacific Theological College, Nasese, Suva
- 14 August, Eastern division in Taveuni at the Cakaudrove Multiracial Centre, Waiyevo
- 17 – 18 August, Northern division in Labasa at the Hotel Northpole
- 21 – 25 August, Western division in Rakiraki at Kalawati House, in Ba at the Ba Red Cross Hall, in Lautoka at the Waterfront Hotel, in Nadi at the District Officer’s Conference Room, in Sigatoka at the Sigatoka Town Council Board Room
- 22 August in Navua at the Ro Matanitobua Building
For further information on the Fiji Women’s Fund, please contact Michelle Reddy, Fund Manager on 702 1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org